Simon Plosker from Honest Reporting shows 25 facts about Hamas:
1. Hamas takes its name from an acronym that means “Islamic Resistance Movement” in Arabic.
2. Hamas refuses to recognize the State of Israel’s right to exist as an independent, sovereign nation, and is totally opposed to any agreement or arrangement that would recognize its right to exist. At the beginning of its charter there is a quotation attributed to Hassan Al-Bana, the Muslim Brotherhood’s founder, that “Israel will arise and continue to exist until Islam wipes it out, as it wiped out what went before.”
3. Hamas is committed to jihad. Its charter stresses the importance of jihad (holy war) as the main means for the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) to achieve its goals: An uncompromising jihad must be waged against Israel. Jihad is the personal duty of every Muslim.
4. Hamas is an anti-Semitic organization. According to its charter, the Jewish people have only negative traits and are presented as planning to take over the world. The charter uses myths taken from classical European and Islamic-based anti-Semitism.
5. The Hamas Charter includes anti-Semitic myths taken from The Protocols of the Elders of Zion (mentioned in Article 32) regarding Jewish control of the media, the film industry and education (Articles 17 and 22). The myths are constantly repeated to represent the Jews as responsible for the French and Russian revolutions and for all world and local wars: “No war takes place anywhere without the Jews’ being behind it” (Article 22). The charter demonizes the Jews and describes them as brutally behaving like Nazis toward women and children (Article 29).
6. Hamas is the local Palestinian branch of the Muslim Brotherhood, which recently took control of the Egyptian government.
7. Hamas is designated as a terrorist organization by Israel, the United States, Canada, the European Union and Japan.
8. Although members of the international community have proposed treating the political and military wings of Hamas as separate entities, the Hamas infrastructure places the political wing at the command of the military wing. As Hamas founder Sheikh Ahmad Yassin stated in 1988: “We can not separate the wing from the body. If we do so, the body will not be able to fly. Hamas is one body.”
9. Hamas’s first ever suicide bombing took place on April 16, 1993 when a suicide bomber detonated the car in which he was driving at the Mehola Junction near Beit El.
10. On January 27, 2002, the first female Palestinian suicide bomber, Wafa Idris, blew herself up on Jaffa Street in the heart of downtown Jerusalem, killing one person and injuring about 100 more. Hamas claimed responsibility.
11. Hamas has been responsible for many appalling acts of terror including the suicide bombing in the Park Hotel in the coastal city of Netanya, in the midst of the Passover holiday seder with 250 guests. Hamas claimed responsibility for the attack in which 30 people were killed and 140 injured – 20 seriously.
12. In December 2011, Hamas “celebrated” its 24th anniversary, boasting that it had killed 1365 “Zionist soldiers” since 1987. Hamas does not differentiate between Israeli soldiers and civilians.
13. Hamas won a four year term at the head of the Palestinian Legislative Council in 2006 but remains in office indefinitely.
14. In June 2007, Hamas took control of the Gaza Strip through a violent coup, killing numerous Palestinians, some by pushing them off of tall buildings in Gaza. The Red Cross estimated that at least 118 people were killed and more than 550 wounded during the fighting in the week up to June 15.
15. Hamas members use Palestinian children as human shields when carrying out attacks on Israeli soldiers.
read the rest
“Immediately after the failure of the Camp David [negotiations], I met him in Paris upon his return…. Camp David had failed, and he said to me, ‘You should remain in Paris.’ I asked him why, and he said, ‘Because I am going to start an intifada. They want me to betray the Palestinian cause. They want me to give up on our principles, and I will not do so.’”
“‘I do not want Zahwa’s [Arafat’s daughter’s] friends in the future to say that Yasser Arafat abandoned the Palestinian cause and principles. I might be martyred, but I shall bequeath our historical heritage to Zahwa and to the children of Palestine.’” .
Arafat’s widow, Suha Arafat
The left won’t accept that many (most?) Muslims hate Jews, and that the hatred goes back to the prophet’s hatred, not to 1948 when a bunch of half-fried refugees were given back a tiny piece of their land.
The facts don’t fit into their paradigm that the white man is the evil hater and eveyrone else gets along just fine without him.
Kind of like all the other stuff they ignore or blame on whitey- the plague of rape in the Congo, for example, and Saddam Hussein.
If anyone should mention that Islam hates Jews, we are called racist or Islamophobic.
Pointing out the hundreds of thousands of examples of Muslims, Islamic leaders and imams in their own words doesn’t hold any weight either, the way evidence should, because apparently what they say and what is true underneath the tough guy veneer are two different things.
These useful idiots will be in a for a big surprise when they are earmarked for torture and death.
And even if it’s a “conspiracy” theory that the Muslims have taken over by sword much of the earth, as evidenced by history and any map, and profess the continuing desire to take more for a caliphate, because the whole world belongs to their god, even though it’s not, it’s doctrine and history and reality, it doesn’t actually matter. Because the Muslims can still take you down even if you are “safe” in America or Europe. Case in point, recently a Coptic Christian man in Toronto was sentenced to death by Egypt- in absentia. His crime? Blasphemy. Apparently he colluded on that crappy little film Innocence of Muslims- which was historically accurate by the way and taken from Islamic historical sources. Since the man never colluded on said film, and even if he did, he was understandably alarmed by the severity of the death penalty. When he said in a newspaper, this is serious, these people don’t think twice about beheading people they don’t like, he was condemned as racist. Go figure.
Furthermore, it is Muslims withholding human rights for gay people, yet gay idiots keep marching against “Israeli apartheid” in pride parades. The one country in the Middle East and Africa where gays flock from tyranny and death to freedom and safety is the one they hate. This is indeed nothing but antisemitism. It is foaming hatred, irrational and blinding. Even evidence fails to change its mind, the sure mark of racism. The Islamic countries refused to acknowledge gay people as human beings deserving of human rights last year at the UN. There was no stink from the left whatsoever about this historical crushing defeat. But when Uganda hoped to bring back the death penalty for gays, there have been countless petitions. Yes, I signed them, because I condemn gay hatred in Uganda, too, but the point is that more than three quarters of Africa and the Middle East already have death penalty or torture penalty for gays and no one says boo and they work hard to keep it that way. Despite being populated by black people, who can’t be guilty of homophobia because they are oppressed by white men ten thousand miles away, Uganda is an acceptable target because Christians are implicated in the bill. Which is despicable, but is not “business as usual” for Christians.
Furthermore, people in Europe, Canada, and America have been persecuted for blasphemy, thousands of miles away from countries that punish blasphemy by death. While we are free in these our own countries to mock Jesus Christ and piss on him and have that funded by the government as art, free to portray the Virgin Mary getting nailed, free to say F*** God and publish atheist manifestos, we are not free to criticize child marriage or the castration of little girls. The OIC is working hard to spread international blasphemy laws to make it a crime globally to criticize Islam. I’m not making this up. It should be front page news at the New York Times but they’re too busy trying to show how oppressed Julian Assange is for his treasonous acts of “transparency.” Worse, dear president Barack Obama cheerfully supports such efforts- remember, the future does not belong to those who mock Islam.
In any event, this page has links to a number of sources ranging in quality and showing heaps of evidence that shows the poison of antisemitism in Islam.
‘The only religion I respect is Islam. The only prophet I admire is the Prophet Muhammad.’ — Adolf Hitler (from “The Mysterious Achmed Huber: Friend to Hitler”)
The thing with being ex left is that I understand perfectly how I think and how I respond- now and then, giving me two perspectives. When someone said A did this, as a leftist I said, B does this too. Case closed. Tidy, all are equal. Moral relativism and cultural relativism is the plague of the left- the same thinking that leads us to think ‘all are equal” is a good thing and the erasure of individual personality, achievement, and responsibility also leads to the idea that all cultures are equal and all bad things are just as bad.
So I already know that leftists reading this post- about 27 schools burned down by Boko Haram, a Muslim terrorist group whose name means “education is evil”- will say “yeah but republicans refuse to teach about gay marriage in school.” And so there you have it.
Even as leftists will decry others pointing out atrocities that are much worse than the actions of Mitt Romney or Rob Ford, say beheading Buddhists in Thailand, saying that “just because someone else does something wrong doesn’t mean that it was okay forty years ago for Mitt to cut off a kid’s ponytail”, meaning that another crime doesn’t erase one just because it’s worse, will also use the “yeah but” to point out a crime that is not nearly as bad.
guy: Boko Haram destroyed 27 schools and executed hundreds of men, women and children after torturing them
leftist: but the Republicans are against gay marriage and won’t allow rainbow flags in schools.
guy: I’m actually more worried about the hundreds of homosexuals who have been publicly hung from cranes or dissected and left in the back of pick up trucks throughout Iran and Iraq and beyond, where being gay is still punishable by death.
leftist: just because there is violence elsewhere doesn’t negate the evil Republican agenda.
In any event, all that has nothing to do with the schools that Boko Haram is committed to destroy as illustrated by its namesake. Except that you would be hardpressed to find many republicans burning schoolchildren alive. I actually believed all the brainwashing that said that the white man was the source of all evil and that evil in Nigeria or Mali or Venezuela was somehow the responsibility of the white man or at least his corporations. I should have instead of believed the teaching of the Christian church which taught that all men are wicked and didn’t point specifically to white men. I actually believed that there was no misognyny or slavery or cruelty in people other than whites! I thought missionaries were racist for talking about cannibals. That white men brought war to peace loving native tribes. That “traditional African religions” did not involve human sacrifice. What a crock! White people have had and have now their fair share of sins and crimes, and so does everyone else.
Many are still going on about the “disproportionate” show of Israeli force aboard the Marmara flotilla Free Gaza in 2010, when Israeli soldiers were greeted on board a trespassing boat with hordes of “peace activists” waving bats at them, and ultimately killed nine people when the crowd of thugs could not be calmed.
But last month, six men were shot in the streets without a trial by Hamas vigilantes, accused of “spying” and at least one body was dragged through the streets by a gang of motorcycles. Crowds of cheering Palestinians celebrated their deaths.
Whenever I bring this up, it is outright ignored, or worse, excused by Hamas’ apparent terrible fear of the evil Jews.
More proof that Israel’s critics aren’t acting out of concern for innocent Palestinians. Otherwise, they would be all over this. Castro wrote about how evil America assassinated Osama Bin Laden without a trial, but had nothing to say about this, which is after all just every day life for people oppressed by terrorists. And that’s okay, as long as it’s not corporate America or Jews.