Simon Plosker from Honest Reporting shows 25 facts about Hamas:
1. Hamas takes its name from an acronym that means “Islamic Resistance Movement” in Arabic.
2. Hamas refuses to recognize the State of Israel’s right to exist as an independent, sovereign nation, and is totally opposed to any agreement or arrangement that would recognize its right to exist. At the beginning of its charter there is a quotation attributed to Hassan Al-Bana, the Muslim Brotherhood’s founder, that “Israel will arise and continue to exist until Islam wipes it out, as it wiped out what went before.”
3. Hamas is committed to jihad. Its charter stresses the importance of jihad (holy war) as the main means for the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) to achieve its goals: An uncompromising jihad must be waged against Israel. Jihad is the personal duty of every Muslim.
4. Hamas is an anti-Semitic organization. According to its charter, the Jewish people have only negative traits and are presented as planning to take over the world. The charter uses myths taken from classical European and Islamic-based anti-Semitism.
5. The Hamas Charter includes anti-Semitic myths taken from The Protocols of the Elders of Zion (mentioned in Article 32) regarding Jewish control of the media, the film industry and education (Articles 17 and 22). The myths are constantly repeated to represent the Jews as responsible for the French and Russian revolutions and for all world and local wars: “No war takes place anywhere without the Jews’ being behind it” (Article 22). The charter demonizes the Jews and describes them as brutally behaving like Nazis toward women and children (Article 29).
6. Hamas is the local Palestinian branch of the Muslim Brotherhood, which recently took control of the Egyptian government.
7. Hamas is designated as a terrorist organization by Israel, the United States, Canada, the European Union and Japan.
8. Although members of the international community have proposed treating the political and military wings of Hamas as separate entities, the Hamas infrastructure places the political wing at the command of the military wing. As Hamas founder Sheikh Ahmad Yassin stated in 1988: “We can not separate the wing from the body. If we do so, the body will not be able to fly. Hamas is one body.”
9. Hamas’s first ever suicide bombing took place on April 16, 1993 when a suicide bomber detonated the car in which he was driving at the Mehola Junction near Beit El.
10. On January 27, 2002, the first female Palestinian suicide bomber, Wafa Idris, blew herself up on Jaffa Street in the heart of downtown Jerusalem, killing one person and injuring about 100 more. Hamas claimed responsibility.
11. Hamas has been responsible for many appalling acts of terror including the suicide bombing in the Park Hotel in the coastal city of Netanya, in the midst of the Passover holiday seder with 250 guests. Hamas claimed responsibility for the attack in which 30 people were killed and 140 injured – 20 seriously.
12. In December 2011, Hamas “celebrated” its 24th anniversary, boasting that it had killed 1365 “Zionist soldiers” since 1987. Hamas does not differentiate between Israeli soldiers and civilians.
13. Hamas won a four year term at the head of the Palestinian Legislative Council in 2006 but remains in office indefinitely.
14. In June 2007, Hamas took control of the Gaza Strip through a violent coup, killing numerous Palestinians, some by pushing them off of tall buildings in Gaza. The Red Cross estimated that at least 118 people were killed and more than 550 wounded during the fighting in the week up to June 15.
15. Hamas members use Palestinian children as human shields when carrying out attacks on Israeli soldiers.
read the rest
“I was genitally mutilated at the age of ten. When the operation began, I put up a big fight. The pain was terrible and unbearable… I was badly cut and lost blood… I was genitally mutilated with a blunt penknife. After the operation, no one was allowed to aid me to walk… Sometimes I had to force myself not to urinate for fear of the terrible pain. I was not given any anesthetic in the operation to reduce my pain, nor any antibiotics to fight against infection. Afterwards, I hemorrhaged and became anemic. This was attributed to witchcraft. I suffered for a long time from acute vaginal infections. ”
Hannah Koroma, Sierra Leone
Not only do they behead infant civilian Jews but they sacrifice their own children and brag about it. And still the world pretends they are freedom fighters,not Jew hating barbarians.
“Shame upon he who does not educate his children in Jihad …blessings upon he who dons a vest of explosives on himself or his children and goes into the midst of the Jews and says, “Allah Akbar.” Dr Muhammed Ibrahim Madi- Palestinian Authority Cleric
Religion of Peace proponents racked up 907 dead bodies and 1,866 injuries in 218 attacks during “Islamophobia Awareness Month”. from thereligionofpeace.com
I hunted far and wide if I could find a single incident of anti-Muslim murder or violent assault- not just in Britain but anywhere, for Islamophobia Awareness Month. There were scores of violent attacks against Muslims- by Muslims, along with 0ver 5000 a day, for example, little Muslim girls castrated, also by Muslims.
Islamophobia is an invented prejudice. There is a reason why an uprising of bloggers, journalists, thinkers, spiritual leaders, philosophers, and more constantly discuss Islam and not the evils of Hinduism or Mormonism or whatever. Some of the very conservative Christian critics may even think these Hindus and Mormons are going to hell. But they don’t write much about them because they are not causing any trouble. Yes, every group of people has some bad seeds. But some cultures foster more bad seeds than others. When you have a prophet that supports child marriage and female castration and killing infidels point blank, then it’s no surprise to get criminals who uphold these things as rights. I have zero phobia of all Muslims who recant these ideals. Rather, I support them wholly- even though I think Islam is a poor choice of religion, I understand that one’s culture and faith is important. And any Muslims working to bring Islam into the 21st century I support. I have no phobia against innocent Muslims who have not committed atrocities or support atrocities.
If “antisemitic” literature were directed at real crimes committed by Jews- there are some, I know, it’s hard to believe but it happens- instead of imaginary ones like gobbling children and desecrating Muslim graves, then that would be criticism, not antisemitism. Even someone I see as extreme like Pamela Geller I will uphold as courageous. She could have a little more tact in my mind but what she is doing is far superior to doing nothing, and why it is that Geller upsets so many leftists who are never upset by imams calling for sharia law or hanging homosexuals, I don’t get.